THE IMPORTANCE OF HOME STAGING
According to the National Association of Realtors:
- 62% of sellers' agents say that staging a home decreases the amount of time a home spends on the market.
- 77% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.
- Staging the living room for buyers was found to be most important (55%), followed by staging the master bedroom (51%), and staging the kitchen (41%).
- 38% percent of sellers’ agents said they stage all sellers’ homes prior to listing them for sale.
- 71% of sellers’ agents said that staging increases the dollar value.
- Almost a third(28%) of buyers are more willing to “overlook faults” when a home is staged.
- 96% of buyers’ agents said that staging affects the way buyers view a property.
- A seller’s average return on investment for staging is 586%(bankrate.com).
- Staged homes average a 10 to 20% higher sales price than non-staged homes.
- Nearly 25% of all properties sold nationwide today are staged, up from 10% just ten years ago.
- The US Housing and Urban Development reports that a STAGED house sells for, on average, 17% higher than an un-staged house.
- Buyers will stay in a vacant home an average of 5 minutes but will linger in a furnished home an average of 40 minutes.